I heard a friend say the other day, "once a dancer always a dancer" and I thought the same is true for teachers. Once a teacher, always a teacher. You can't shake it. If you are a teacher, you know what I mean. You love back to school time and seeing all the school supplies out. You love reading new books and figuring out fun activities to go with them. It just is a part of you and you can't escape it. I miss it, I really do. I'm so blessed to stay home with Elli and Jackson and I wouldn't trade it for the world, but I have to let the teacher out of me sometimes hence, "Summer Camp by Mom." I am trying to do some thematic summer activities with Elli this year. We are talking 5-10 minutes a day. Something simple and easy, but a way to keep her challenged this summer. Week one: Pirates!
We have some books on pirates we will read each night. I'm still not sure how this will work or what time of day we will do our activities. Although the type A teacher in me wants a set routine for every day this summer, it just won't happen. So right now, I plan on having the activities ready and just doing them whenever we catch a down moment or when Jackson is preoccupied and will leave us be!
 |
| Beginning pirate sounds |
 |
| We played pirate. Elli and Jackson are hiding from the coming pirate ship! |
 |
| Even Jackson loves Summer Camp by Mom! |
No comments:
Post a Comment