So Jackson is officially two months old today and I started thinking that I better record his schedule for my friends out there that might be considering two children at some point (you know who you are!). I know that sometimes people ask me how I did things when Elli was an infant and I already can't remember...if I record this, then I can look back and maybe help someone out. Plus, maybe Elli and Jackson will look at this one day and appreciate all that Jacob and I do for them (fat chance right?!?!)
So here is a typical day at our house:
I promise this will be LONG AND BORING unless you are in the same situation I am currently in or thinking you might be soon....ok, you have been warned!
6:00/6:30 Nurse Jackson alone (oh so quiet and nice)
6:30-7:30/7:45 Awake time with Jackson (special Mommy and Jackson time)
7:45-9:00 Jackson sleeps (hopefully)
8:30/9:00 Elli wakes up
Here is where it gets tricky...
9:00 Get Elli up, fix her breakfast, put her in her high chair and let her watch her favorite PBS show; while she is eating, get Jackson up and nurse him in the kitchen while Elli eats. Typically Jackson is crying while I fix Elli's breakfast before I can get to him (just being honest here)
9:30-10:00 Everyone is awake. We might take a short stroller ride or something but basically I'm holding Jackson while Elli plays.
10:00/10:15 Jackson naps and Elli and I play outside (special Mommy and Elli time)
11:30 Jackson wakes up and eats, Elli watches Elmo or plays with her toys
12:00 Put Jackson in swing and fix mine and Elli's lunch
12:45 Put Jackson down for nap and get Elli ready for nap
1:00 Elli naps and Mommy has one PRECIOUS hour where everyone is napping
2:00 Jackson gets up and we nurse while Elli is sleeping (love this time!)
3:00/3:15 Jackson goes down for nap and Elli gets up
3:15-4:30 Elli and I eat snack and wait for Daddy to get home
4:00 - Jacob home
4:30 Wake up Jackson and nurse
4:30-6:00 Free for all! Jackson hangs out with me while I cook dinner and such and Elli is with Daddy
6:00 Dinner (Jackson is usually asleep in his swing)
6:30 Bath for everyone! Daddy bathes Elli, Mommy bathes Jackson
7:00 Jackson nurses and goes straight to bed; Elli reads stories and then goes to bed
Thats it! We have from about 8:00-11:00 quiet time!!
I feed Jackson right now around 11:00 and then he usually wakes up around 3:30 or 4:00 for a feeding. I'm hoping this will fade soon.
It doesn't always work perfectly. Sometimes we wake up late and have to move everything...sometimes Jackson wakes up early from his naps and either has to cry for a minute or we adjust the day. Just note this is what we aim for, not what happens every day! I will say Jackson is better at napping than Elli and will fall asleep without much of a fuss, but does wake early often (15 minutes or so!)
I love this schedule! It really works for us. It took some work to get us here, but here we are! I know it will change as Jackson grows, but we are happy right now. Hope this helps. Just a side note for anyone thinking of having another - I planned this as my goal schedule while I was still pregnant and worked for it so preplan your ideal schedule now!
No comments:
Post a Comment