Here is a link to my first official post. I'll link it up occasionally on here. I'm excited to be starting this extra side job. I think it will be a fun way to chronicle my pregnancy and learn from others! Feel free to comment on the blog itself (onto Tummy Time!)
Anyways - this is just an introductory blog but I thought I would share!
http://tummytime.onslow.org/tummytime/
I'm so excited for you. What a wonderful opportunity!! I also read your other post yesterday. It's easy for me to say, "Don't worry", but I know from experience it's a lot easier said than done. And although I just have one, please feel free to call and talk anytime. Just take lots of good notes, because you're the one I'm turning to when it's our time for number 2. I'm so proud of you guys! You're wonderful parents to Elli and will be even better parents to Elli AND her little brother :) I'm a firm believer in the fact that the Lord doesn't give us more than we can handle. Although, sometimes I feel like I'm tottering on the verge of insanity and the "Oh Lord I can't handle it anymore" ... it's really made me realize the importance of carving time for a personal relationship with Him. That hadn't been a top priority since little one was wee little, but is on it's way to becoming a major priority again. In order to be the best mom I can be... I have to first be the best me I can be. So, my only piece of advice, find a way to carve some time for yourself :) Even if it's only a 5 minute hot shower - my personal favorite. And hang in there! I am so thankful for our friendship :)
ReplyDeleteThank you leslie...you are too sweet! I am ready to have someone that I can call and vent to when things get crazy - it always helps to have a listening ear. I'll try to keep good notes. I wish I had better notes from when Elli was an infant, I feel like I have already forgotten things. You are right about the time for yourself thing. I am trying to get disciplined about getting up an hour or so before Elli does to get in time for a devotion, breakfast alone, and some chores. It has been tough to do, but it does make a difference.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad we've been able to work together with this mom thing, even with you in New Jersey!