Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Stuck Inside!!

We are going stir crazy.  I'm trying to keep Elli as still and calm as possible to help her get over this sickness before Christmas weekend and all the festivities.  This house is getting smaller and smaller each day.  So this morning I thought it would be nice to make some cupcakes.  We have this Christmas cake mix that we were going to use for my birthday party (cancelled due to Elli's sickies) so I figured we might as well go ahead and make it.  Elli was a great little helper.  





 Ok - the icing part didn't go as planned because she wouldn't stop eating it.  


Here's the truth about the cupcakes.
#1 - I didn't realize that we were out of vegetable oil so they are made with applesauce as a substitute.  Actually I don't taste any difference so I may start doing that all the time.
#2 - They are Christmas cupcakes, green icing and Christmas tree sprinkles.  If you could enlarge the picture you would see that they are in Happy Easter cupcake liners.  Oh well!  Mission accomplished anyways - we passed some time and Elli was happy!!

1 comment: