I had the wonderful opportunity to speak at a conference in Indiana this week thanks to Uncle Bill and Aunt Renet. They have had a huge hand in getting me started in the education circuit and I am learning so much from them. Jacob went with me to
Authorspeak 2011 and we enjoyed some time together - great fun, new city, and new people! But I will say I learned that 3 days is the limit. We left on Tuesday and returned Thursday and I couldn't wait another minute to see Ell Belle. My parents brought her to the airport to meet us when we arrived in New Bern and nothing, I mean NOTHING, compares to seeing her run to me to give me a big hug. I know, it was only three days, but I couldn't put her down once I got my hands on her. I realized the true meaning of this quote that my mom wrote in a book for me when I graduated high school...
"Making the decision to have a child is momentous. It is to decide forever to have your heart go walking around outside your body."
I loved the opportunity to speak at a conference and grow professionally; I loved the opportunity to spend some time with Jacob, talking and laughing; but all the way there and all the way home something was missing. What was missing was that part of my heart that was walking around in New Bern; what was missing was my Elli. So, it was so nice to get away but was I ever so glad to rock my lil' heart to sleep tonight.
Aw! I love you guys!
ReplyDeleteI'm learning, too, what my mom always said "You'll never know until you're a mom too!" Isn't that the truth?!
Glad you had fun at your conference :)