Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas Eve

So we had to do our normal Christmas Eve routines.

Most importantly we had church where Elli sang her songs again. We worshiped Him, the reason for the celebration and the ultimate example of sacrifice and love.

After the service, we came home to hot soup in the crock pot.  Elli had to spread her reindeer food out on the lawn and then we had to make our cookies for Santa of course.  Shameful admission - this is the first time I've made cookies from scratch and not sliced and baked them. Santa liked them and ate a ton so I guess they were ok?




I'm not going to lie, Christmas gets more and more fun each year. Sharing in the excitement, the awe, the wonder of Christmas with these two is something I wouldn't trade for the world. I love this little family and the way these children remind me of the baby in a manger.  Their tender hearts remind me of the heart and love of my Savior.

Merry Christmas to you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment