Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Day Two - Zoo

With Daddy at work, we decided to try out the Jacksonville Zoo today.  Seriously one of the best zoos I have ever been to.  The animals were so close so Elli was really able to see everything, even Jackson could spot the rhino,elephant, and giraffe.  There was also a carousel, play ground, and splash park.  I was very impressed.  The kids did great.  Jackson did sleep for 20 minutes on the way home so as I am typing this, he is really fighting against taking his afternoon nap.  I'm hoping he'll fall out soon (as so is everyone else in the hotel I am sure!)
Trying out our new sit and stand - LOVED IT!

Lions...

Ever heard of a Bongo?  Me neither but it was super close to us!  Looks like a cross between a zebra and deer.

Do you SEE how close we are?  And there was a baby giraffe!!








If you know me from my teaching years..you know why I loved this!
I finally saw penguins up close!!!
This little guy played and played with us.  This was Jackson's favorite part.

Guess who took these pictures?!?

Good job Elli!








Jackson isn't too much into splash parks,but he loved the cones they had set up.

This happened almost as soon as I shut the van door.  Please note - shovel in hand. 



No comments:

Post a Comment