Our first ER trip was yesterday. I can't tell you how scared I was (and secretly how scared I still am...) Accidents happen but I learned to stop rushing around so much. I was in a hurry and was holding Jackson and I fell. I fell onto our concrete steps and Jackson hit his head. Jacob's eyes told me it was bad because Jacob never panics. He whisked Jackson immediately into the car and we rushed to ER. Poor Elli didn't know what was going on. Honestly Jackson stopped crying pretty quickly and I couldn't find any real bumps or spots on his head. He had a bruise and a scratch on his ear. The ER checked him out and said since he looked so happy that we could just do express care. We took him over there and they gave him a good look over. No CT scan. They told us what to watch out for and we are keeping a close eye on him. God was certainly looking out for us because this could have been a lot worse. I will keep you posted if there are any changes but he seemed happy today (besides his normal fussy clinging self). We have a well check next Tuesday so I am hoping to get our normal doctor to check him out more.
I can't describe to you the scene but suffice it to say, I have never been that scared in all my parenting. I just knew we had a serious problem on our hands. Jacob says it was a really bad looking fall - I'm all scraped up but Jackson went down first. Just typing it makes me tear up. Seriously we need a break in this house. Poor Jackson has had a tough few months.
No comments:
Post a Comment