This has been a long time coming. Elli loves her pappies (pacifiers) and I have been super hesitant about taking them away. Then, when we knew a baby brother was coming, I felt it was super unfair to let him have them and not her, so I let her keep using them. She only gets them at night and nap time, but boy does she love them! The time is coming for Elli to get a big girl bed. She sleeps in pull ups but never wets them so it is time to sleep in panties too. How can she be in a big girl bed in panties and still have a pappy? It didn't seem right so we have been talking about the Pappy Fairy coming and bringing Elli something new to sleep with. It seemed that Elli was getting anxious wondering when this was going to happen so I decided we needed to go ahead and get it over with. Tonight I took her to Target with me and let her show me somethings that might would help her sleep if she didn't have a pappy. We said the fairy would come tonight. Then, she laid her pappies out and took a bath. We then proceeded to throw out our pull ups and put on Cinderella panties. After bath (when we normally get our pappies) we came in the kitchen and found the Pappy Fairy had stopped by. She brought a very strange unicorn body pillow, a princess blanket, some chocolates and Cinderella panties.
All was well...
We tucked her in and lowered a side of her crib (because her big girl bed is being painted) and she was happy. I was feeling pretty good. I got to the door and said good night and heard this, "Mommy...you forgot to give me my pappies!" Haha - I guess reality hit. We talked about it and it took several tries to get her in bed (she needed water, she needed to potty, what if she cried and didn't have a pappy etc). Finally, I reminded her that the fairy brought m&ms that she could have in the morning if she slept like a big girl. All is quiet now but I'll let you know how it goes during the next few days. I think it may take some time to get used to this and I fear nap time might be rough tomorrow But honestly, we potty trained with m&ms...eventually she learned to go potty and doesn't demand candy. I figure this can be the same way. Go ahead and judge me, but I bet you will learn you do what you have to do =)
I love this girl and taking away something that she loves hurts my heart. Seeing her sad breaks me. I hate it. I would let her have them until college if I felt like it wouldn't mess up her teeth but I know she just can't have them. I am sad that she is sad. I am sad that my baby girl is too big for something. Where did the time go? How is my sweet Elli sleeping in panties and a big girl bed? My sweet baby girl....I love you Ellibelle.
No comments:
Post a Comment