Today Elli was looking through the gifts under the tree. There are a LOT of gifts under the tree, but we have big families (am I validating?) Anyways...
She adamantly wanted to know where Baby Jesus' gift was. Hmm...what to say? We don't actually get him one? We don't have one yet? What would we give Him? Why do we have all of these things for HIS birthday and NOT ONE THING for Him?
So many things I had to think. I told her we would go together and get one. I think we will get some toys or food for those less fortunate and talk about how sharing with others is like sharing with Jesus. Is that what I do? Any thoughts? I was humbled by my daughter's innocent question.
Where is Baby Jesus' present?
I love the idea that you guys would go out to get the gift together - and getting the gift to give for someone else. I know you were called out, but thanks for posting! I will mark this on my mommy calendar for next year ;) We did a birthday cake for Jesus every year at my grandparents and we sung Happy Birthday to him. You could also do this too - bake a cake / cupcakes together with Elli on Christmas Eve. What an innocent, sweet, and loving heart she has! You have to know that you're doing everything right as a parent... when she asks about the true gift of Christmas... baby Jesus!
ReplyDelete