Thursday, November 1, 2012

Trick or Treating

I'm putting myself out there...I'm going on a rant.  I think it is a shame that people don't trick or treat anymore.  I think it is very nice of the churches to offer activities for the community, but I think it should be offered on another day.  I love the idea of being in your own neighborhood getting to know your own neighbors and being a part of a community.  Ok - I'm done ranting.

Now let me be hypocritical!  Jackson had an ear infection so we did trick or treat a few houses around our block where we knew our neighbors would want to see the kids.  Then, since Jackson couldn't stay out, I had to go by myself with Elli so we did leave our neighborhood and join up with Caroline and Charlotte.  That was a lot of fun.  However, Jacob and I have decided that next year we will only do our neighborhood so that we can really bring back the true community feel.

Elli had SO MUCH FUN!  She really did great, I was proud of her.  She said "trick or treat" and "thank - you" like we practiced.  Then she started adding in her own flair and put out "Happy Halloween!"  We have waaaaay too much candy in our house and I'm not doing so well on my dairy free days with all of this chocolate sitting around (poor Jackson!)

Presenting...Cinder-Elli!

Thanks again Grandma Waller for our adorable costumes!!!

"I've got this thing down - look cute..get candy!"


Quick stop by Grandma Jack's!!

The 3 Amigos!



No comments:

Post a Comment