Sunday, September 2, 2012

Ready or Not

This week we went to Elli's preschool orientation.  Now, I'll admit, I have been counting down the days until we start preschool.  I figured Elli going would be great for everyone.  It would give me a little break, give Jackson some time with just mommy and would give Elli some time out of the house and a chance to socialize.  Win-Win for everyone.  I was so excited.

I went on Thursday night for the parent meeting and then on Friday morning Elli and I went together for the kid open house.  She went in her room to play and meet her teachers while I stayed with her.  When I walked in the door with her, I teared right up.  Why?  I don't really know.  I'm still very excited about preschool. I like her teachers and I think it is going to be great for her.  But it hit me that she will be away from me consistently throughout the week.  I realized that someone else will be teaching her.  I also feel like it wasn't that long ago that I was in the hospital trying to figure out how to put her gown on (that is the memory that keeps coming back this week).
Elli was a little timid on Friday and I do expect some tears on Wednesday, but I know she is going to love it!

My sweets!


We have come a long ways in just two short years and it makes me want to slow it down with Jackson.  This goes by so quickly.  I have had such a rough time with Jackson lately, not sure if he teething or what, but he hasn't been big on taking naps.  We've spent a lot of time with him crying and me frustrated.  Seeing Elli walk into preschool reminded me that "this too shall pass!"  And it passes too quickly.  I have to stop being so obsessed with the small things and remember that these are my babies and they will only be babies for a short short time.

I'm excited for Elli but this milestone reminds me that so many more are coming.  I have to hold onto my baby.  I love her so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment