Thursday, May 3, 2012

Jackson's Updates

We had our appointment with the cardiologist yesterday and everything looks great.  Jackson does have a small hole in his heart but the doctors are not concerned.  Apparently this can be a typical thing for newborns.  The doctor feels that the hole will close up on its own.  However, he assured us that even if it didn't, it wouldn't cause Jackson any problems later in life.  The doctors were thorough and did an echo and another EKG.  We really appreciated their thoroughness and willingness to answer all of our questions.  We will go to ECU in about 6 months for a follow up appointment.

We realize how truly blessed we are to have a healthy baby.  Please pray for our friends who are currently struggling with health issues with their pregnancies.

Elli hanging out on the cot I've been sleeping on in Jackson's room.  Note she is reading BabyWise...she is ready for  this kid to get on a schedule!  

Here Elli is reading to Jackson.  He loved it!
I'm not going to say things are going perfectly right now and I am very nervous for next week when Jacob goes back to work.  He has been such a huge help around here - doing laundry, cleaning, cooking, and taking care of Elli.  I'm not sure how it will get done next week, but we'll worry about that then.  For now, I'm going to enjoy the time we four have together!

No comments:

Post a Comment