I don't make things from scratch - EVER. But my friend Leslie has a great blog and I have been using it profusely in trying to learn new recipes. She recently featured a recipe for made from scratch muffins and I was intrigued. I was especially intrigued because she gave different mix-in options and I figured if I put chocolate in a muffin I was being healthy?!? Since it was sooo cold today and Elli and I had some free time this afternoon, we went about making them. They actually turned out pretty good. The best part? I was able to freeze some for another breakfast or snack time. I made them with Elli's raisins and cinnamon because I didn't have chocolate chips but you can rest assured next time they will be chocolate chocolate chocolate. Have I mentioned that when I am pregnant all I think about is chocolate?!?
Super fun!! So glad they turned out!! Here's one official way to freeze muffins: http://www.hillbillyhousewife.com/how-to-freeze-muffins.htm Hope this helps!
ReplyDelete