Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Well...it happens

So this post isn't necessarily about Elli, just about life.  I was supposed to be leading a conference in El Paso Texas on Tuesday.  One conference was at 8:00am and the other at 12:00pm.  The conference was for around 60 K-5 teachers on differentiation (literacy centers, technology in the classroom etc.)  Well, my flight from New   Bern to Atlanta had to make a pit stop in Columbia SC making me miss my connection in Atlanta to El Paso.  When I finally talked to a service rep they said I wouldn't make it to El Paso until 1:00 pm on Tuesday, causing me to miss both conferences.  Therefore I basically spent the night in Atlanta with no luggage and was put on standby to come home on Tuesday morning.  Luckily I made it, although I can't say the same for my luggage yet.  You know, these things happen and maybe it was to teach me a lesson.  Maybe I was too excited about the extra money or maybe I just needed the practice flying (I'm a horrible flyer).  Either way, at least I am safe at home and get to see Elli one day earlier!

The other up side is that I can start my Extreme Home Makeover one day earlier.  A  lot of rearranging is about to happen in our house to make room for Littlest Waller.  I am doing a lot of research on Pinterest.com to get ideas on how to make a small space do-able.  I will chronicle it all as it takes place - I am bracing myself for a messy house for a few weeks.

1 comment:

  1. Ooh super excited to see how you redo things! Looking forward to those posts!!

    Annnnnddd... sometimes you just need a post to share the 'blahs' of life :) There was a reason you're not there. And, like you said, you're home to see Miss Elli a day earlier!

    ReplyDelete