We have made some progress in the home arena. Mom is my interior designer and I think she does a fabulous job! So far we have finished the hallway (which before had zero pictures hanging) and the living room. Elli's bedroom is almost done but the famous Mrs.Jane is painting the walls for us this week so I won't post pictures until later. Our bedroom is to be finished this week after painting a few more pieces. The nursery won't be done for a long time! I'm saving that for last and am really going to enjoy taking my time.
This is in the foyer. The front door is to the left.
The living room from the back of the room facing the entertainment center
The living room from the front of the room.
The end of the hallway before.
New hallway! Grandma Waller gave us the idea to put the book case there and it looks great! All of Jacob's important text books are housed there!
Elli's new rocking chair. Her old glider will now be in the nursery and she insisted on a rock rock chair.
Another shot of the bookcase at the end of the hallway.
The Wall of Elli. I promise this will have some pictures of other family members soon!
 |
| This is a shot of the living room before. We barely had any pictures! It seems much cozier now. |
My whole goal in this entire ordeal was to make our house more cozy. I just wanted it to feel more comfy! We set a budget and so far I have done fairly well (although I may go over a bit when I have to get the glider covered for the nursery but I'm hoping not!) We are really lucky because mom and dad left a ton of stuff here when we bought the house (couch, entertainment center, and some rugs) so that obviously helped our budget. Either way, I feel very blessed to have a husband willing to paint and a mom wiling to help me decorate. We are getting this place ready for Littlest Waller because once he arrives I doubt I will have time to breathe, much less hang a picture =)
It is looking GREAT!!! And I agree, it is comfy and cozy looking now. I love love love the bookshelf in the hallway. I may be stealing that idea! It's such a great use of space. Can't wait to see Miss Elli's room and the new nursery. But, I'm glad you're taking your time with the nursery. It will be a sweet time to savor :) And I keep forgetting to tell you - you are looking great on the "Littlest Waller" page!!! I looked like I'd already eaten a giant basketball at that stage. I can only imagine what my #2 will look like to my already stretched belly. Keep the pictures coming, whenever you get a chance. I hope we can get down to see it in person sooner rather than later ;) For now, get yourself some rest girl!!
ReplyDelete