Elli and I went back downtown to visit Santa again and he was home! Elli did great and didn't cry at all. She even let Santa hold her. Honestly, I got a little sad watching the whole thing. I know that these years are fleeting - the years when kids can't contain their excitement at Christmas. I know it won't be long before the lights, and the Santa Clauses, and the Christmas carols don't make Elli squeal in delight. I pray that by then we have instilled in her the true meaning of Christmas - that the joy doesn't come from all the gifts but from the one true gift of Christ.
Still, tonight I realized that I want to bottle this time up, slow down the years, and truly enjoy the magic of Christmas through a child's eyes.
Me too! Time is going too fast. Hold dear to these sweet memories :)
ReplyDelete