Tuesday, October 18, 2011

A Special Day

Sunday was a very special day for our family. My niece Caroline made the decision to commit her life to Christ and was baptized at church. Another very special thing was that my mom was able to baptize her granddaughter. For me, it was a nostalgic moment. I was also 8 when I accepted Christ and like Caroline, I was baptized by my grandparent (Papa Hinton). As I sat there beside my Papa Hinton and watched Caroline make such a momentous decision, I couldn't help but thank God for the generations of faith that Elli has now become a part of on the Waller side, Cooley Side, Bender Side, and Hinton Side. We are blessed to be around such giants of faith. The pictures below are from the dinner we had after church in celebration of Caroline's baptism.

Swinging with Daddy...what more could a girl ask for?

Trying out a different kind of swing with Cousin Caroline...not sure sure about it.

Love the slide with Cousin Charlotte.

This was my favorite part. I look over and they are sitting in a circle teaching Elli "Patty Cake." Elli sang that song all night long. She loves those girls!





4 comments:

  1. Elli looks SO grown-up in these pictures -- she has gotten TALL!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the pic of Elli on the slide. She's like, "Watch out now! Here I come with my slidin' skills!" So happy for Caroline and your whole family. Wonderful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The girl is a slide master! Don't mess with her and her "side" =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I guess I'm not the only one to notice how big she's gotten!! Miss Elli is growing up! What a wonderful Sunday for your family :)

    ReplyDelete