In case you are wondering what in the world it is I do when I leave Elli with her fabulous baby sitter...here is a glimpse. I work with Interfaith Refugee Ministry; typically less than 20 hours a week. I am called the School Impact Coordinator. My job is to oversee the after school programs being run at 4 schools in the county. Another large part of my job is to get the refugee families involved in the schools; for the parents to realize that they are a vital part of their child's education; to help the families realize that they are welcome to come and be a part of the school community. One way we do that is to provide transportation to (that's right, I drive a minibus) and a translator at various school functions. Tonight, I took families to the school's Fall Festival. The minibus holds 15, pretty sure there were WAY more than that.
It was such a fun night with beautiful people!
What an exciting job! I know it's a lot of hard work - but how amazing the impact you are also having connecting home and school. What fun to see those smiling faces :)
ReplyDelete